Wednesday 11 April 2007

Demons

Wednesday 11 April

Just now I am facing up to my demons – I returned to the Andaman islands yesterday - it was more emotional than I expected but very healthy I think. In typical style though there was a small earthquake last night (they are fairly frequent I have to say) - just to welcome me back I guess! It certainly my my desk wobble and me shake! It was nothing like the biggie on 26th December 04 - only 5.5, but enough to really make me face up to those demons, particularly given the coincidence of timing – on the day I departed and the day I finally returned to the islands.

From: USGS ENS
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 8:25:58 PM
== PRELIMINARY EARTHQUAKE REPORT ==
Region: ANDAMAN ISLANDS, INDIA REGION
Magnitude: 5.5 Mb
Time near the Epicentre: 10 Apr 2007 19:26:53
Location with respect to nearby cities:
149 km (92 miles) N (354 degrees) of Port Blair, Andaman Islands, India


It is just as well I have an idyllic view from my room and an exciting trip through tribal territory tomorrow.




No comments: